“Sprints”. Each sprint identifies a level of education/training to be reached and the fastest way to reach that level.
The methodology, skills and materials used in the training are a combination of traditional and innovative methods which promote enhanced learning and retention.
A snapshot of the training pedagogy is given below:
The effectiveness of this pedagogy is demonstrated by the fact that XX% of these have been placed in various industries and we are now in the process of placing the balance
All of them have undergone intensive training and have been certified through an exam on:
- English – Starting from alphabets, now being able to read simple articles in newspapers, speak confidently in their limited English
- Mathematics – Starting from digits, now being able to read and understand digits, calculate simple formulae using Spreadsheets
- Logical Skills – Starting from understanding a simple problem, now being able to find the most effective solution given a set of problems.
- Computer Skills – Starting from introduction to keyboard and the alphabets on the keyboard to now being able to type at an average of 50wpm.
- Life skills – Starting from how to wear trousers to now being able to attend a formal meetings.
They can now speak confidently in their limited English, type at 40-50 words per minute, and are confident of working in the BPO sector.
Dr. Rajat Chauhan, a guest trainer who had visited The Rural Edge last year, said: “I was privileged to witness their first steps to success. Here were people who couldn’t even read bus numbers five months ago, but now speak very decent, speed-type 40-50 words per minute …”